Hearts




We got old hearts,
moss-covered stone over cavities of black,
between us and the fall


Gold hearts,
hardest of them all; water cannot wear
away despite the dampened cold


bold hearts, you'd whisper in my mouth
and I'd vacuum in your call,
turn your trembling flesh to bone,


alternate.


untold hearts
ne'er-hold hearts,
bullet-holed hearts

paper-fold hearts


easy-sold hearts;


and we cover our mouths with moth-eaten shrouds
white dust fluttering like powder from
a butterfly's wing-



what use is a heart when it's eaten with mold





Comments

Popular Posts

COPYRIGHT © MADRI KALUGALA, 2020

COPYRIGHT © MADRI KALUGALA, 2020
"An Almond Moon and the White Owl", 2016.
Out of the ashes I rise with my red hair,
and I eat men like air- Plath.

WHY I WRITE

I write, simply, to dispel the voices in me that demand to be freed. My mind weaves like branches, to and fro, and up- to an opaque sky. Listen and you'll hear those wild leaves, whispering.