Poem for Nayeli

Nayu, if you knew
how the world stands still when you move
And for a moment the universe holds, frozen,
in a globe of golden light,
and you at the centre revolving,
in a swirl of colour bright,
Like the heart of a glass marble,


-I cannot help but marvel
At every bit of you, so perfect;
Your tiny eyes, minute hands,
how each curl of your precious hair
holds a loop of eternity
It's only you I see; funny how the world
dissolves, all before one little girl.


My little bird with your chirping voice
in bright notes that rise like bubbles,
You talk away, with starry eyes
and like raindrops all my troubles
evaporate to the sunlit skies
And I forget that it ever rained;
Nayu, if you only knew
how in this tumult of life's noise,
it's your tiny laugh that keeps me
sane;
then maybe you'd keep laughing for me,
like silver bells tinkling,
over and over again.







Comments

Popular Posts

COPYRIGHT © MADRI KALUGALA, 2020

COPYRIGHT © MADRI KALUGALA, 2020
"An Almond Moon and the White Owl", 2016.
Out of the ashes I rise with my red hair,
and I eat men like air- Plath.

WHY I WRITE

I write, simply, to dispel the voices in me that demand to be freed. My mind weaves like branches, to and fro, and up- to an opaque sky. Listen and you'll hear those wild leaves, whispering.