We Who Have Nothing To Fear

We who have nothing to fear, but fear
have nothing to crave but craving
the slow, sumptuous want for a craving.
We have nothing to hate but hatred
so we don't really care,
don't
really care; well we do, sometimes, but there
is a singing sometimes in the air
-reminds us we're nothing worth saving


So we lifted our eyes to the sky, and my
We knew we had nothing to want but wanting
and to not want that too was daunting, but:
Nothing to fear, they told us, and of course
we adhered,
because the only thing worse than fearing
is believing,
that there is something to be feared
So we took oar and helm and kept steering;
Rather the ghost than the haunting



Comments

Popular Posts

COPYRIGHT © MADRI KALUGALA, 2020

COPYRIGHT © MADRI KALUGALA, 2020
"An Almond Moon and the White Owl", 2016.
Out of the ashes I rise with my red hair,
and I eat men like air- Plath.

WHY I WRITE

I write, simply, to dispel the voices in me that demand to be freed. My mind weaves like branches, to and fro, and up- to an opaque sky. Listen and you'll hear those wild leaves, whispering.